[comp.lang.postscript] Wanted: "readhexstring" that reads run-length-encoded data

d87-jse@nada.kth.se (Joakim Sernbrant) (02/20/90)

I am looking for a function that I can use with the image operator to
read run-length-encoded strings. Has anyone seen such a thing ? Is it
worth the tradeoff in speed for the size (is it slow) ?

Other packing schemes are are also of interest.

--
--  Joakim Sernbrant, Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden
--  Internet:  d87-jse@nada.kth.se

jef@well.sf.ca.us (Jef Poskanzer) (02/20/90)

So, is someone going to volunteer to do a Frequently Asked Questions
posting for comp.lang.postscript?
---
Jef

  Jef Poskanzer  jef@well.sf.ca.us  {ucbvax, apple, hplabs}!well!jef
                            New!  Improved!

jaap+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jaap Akkerhuis) (02/21/90)

Excerpts from netnews.comp.lang.postscript: 20-Feb-90 Re: Wanted:
"readhexstring".. Jef Poskanzer@well.sf.ca (225)

> So, is someone going to volunteer to do a Frequently Asked Questions
> posting for comp.lang.postscript?
The obvious choice would be somebody of Adobe since it would also need
to give info about copyright issues etc.

	jaap

vonn@uw-entropy.ms.washington.edu (Vonn Marsch) (02/22/90)

In article <16288@well.sf.ca.us> Jef Poskanzer <jef@well.sf.ca.us> writes:
>So, is someone going to volunteer to do a Frequently Asked Questions
>posting for comp.lang.postscript?

Well gee, Jef, you did such a great job on comp.graphics that I was kinda'
hoping you'd do it.  (I'd do it myself but I really haven't been reading
this group long enough.)

-Vonn (uunet!statsci!vonn)