[comp.lang.postscript] valentine hearts?

pwyc@cbnewse.ATT.COM (peter.w.chen) (02/14/90)

Does anyone have a PostScript description of a valentine heart
suitable for inclusion in a card?  The card is actually for a
wedding later this week, but I thought a couple of hearts
would be appropriate.

Peter

cplai@daisy.UUCP (Chung-Pang Lai) (02/22/90)

In article <13049@cbnewse.ATT.COM> pwyc@cbnewse.ATT.COM (peter.w.chen) writes:

>Does anyone have a PostScript description of a valentine heart
>suitable for inclusion in a card?  The card is actually for a
>wedding later this week, but I thought a couple of hearts
>would be appropriate.
>
>Peter

Try using
	(\251) show
in Symbol font.  Scale it up to any size you want.

bhall@pbs.uucp (Dark Star) (02/22/90)

In article <3873@daisy.UUCP>, cplai@daisy.UUCP (Chung-Pang Lai) writes:
> In article <13049@cbnewse.ATT.COM> pwyc@cbnewse.ATT.COM (peter.w.chen) writes:
>>
>>Does anyone have a PostScript description of a valentine heart
>>suitable for inclusion in a card?
>
> Try using
> 	(\251) show
> in Symbol font.  Scale it up to any size you want.

That's clever.  I just ran across an Adobe sample PostScript program that
also creates a heart, but in a different way.

---------------------------Cut Here------------------------------------
%!  bumper sticker demo    Adobe Systems, Inc.
/LMargin 55 def
/in. {72 mul} def

90 rotate
0 -612 translate

/PTsize 150 def
/Times-Roman findfont PTsize scalefont setfont

LMargin 350 moveto
gsave
(PS  ) show
/--Save0-- save def
/showpage {} def
  340 310 translate
  1.8 1.8 scale

%	Glenn Reid
% 	draws a 1 inch heart at .5 setgray

/heart
{
	/height exch def
	currentpoint
	/Y exch def
	/X exch def
	/half height 2 div def

	half neg half rlineto
	half neg half
	 0 height
	  half half
	   rcurveto
	half half
	 height 0
	  half half neg
	   rcurveto
	closepath
} def

0 0 moveto
1 in. heart
.5 setgray
fill

showpage

--Save0-- restore
 % @Execute heart.ps
grestore

% move to next "row"
0 PTsize .9 mul neg rmoveto

({ honk } if) show

showpage

--
Bruce Hall                            ...{csed-1,ida.org,vrdxhq}!pbs!bhall
Public Broadcasting Service           703/739-5048

"Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes" - Oscar Wilde