[comp.lang.postscript] Query about the release of the Type 1 font information

ifarqhar@mqccsunc.mqcc.mq.OZ (Ian Farquhar) (02/27/90)

Just a quick question to Adobe: what is the current release date for the
type one font information and associated tools?  In addition, Ross (I
think) mentioned that there would be a charge for this but it would not
be excessive.

"AI is also an acronym for Artificial Ignorance"

Ian Farquhar                      Phone : (612) 805-7420
Office of Computing Services      Fax   : (612) 805-7433
Macquarie University  NSW  2109   Also  : (612) 805-7205
Australia                         Telex : AA122377

ACSNet ifarqhar@macuni.mqcc.mq.oz.au  ifarqhar@suna.mqcc.mq.oz.au

jeynes@adobe.COM (Ross A. Jeynes) (02/28/90)

In article <249@macuni.mqcc.mq.oz> ifarqhar@mqccsunc.mq.oz (Ian Farquhar) writes:
>Just a quick question to Adobe: what is the current release date for the
>type one font information and associated tools?  In addition, Ross (I
>think) mentioned that there would be a charge for this but it would not
>be excessive.

There is not a firm date yet, but things are on schedule, and the Type 1
font specification will be available by the end of first quarter.  The spec.
will be in the form of a book, similar to the RGB books, and will cost
approximately $15.00.

I'm not sure what tools you are referring to; the announcement was that we
will release information on how to build hinted fonts, not the tools to
do so.

Ross Jeynes
Developer Support                                        jeynes@adobe.com
Adobe Systems Incorporated                      {sun|decwrl}!adobe!jeynes