[comp.lang.postscript] PostScript -- Ivan Bach, please shut up.

ted@mbunix.mitre.org (Ede) (03/03/90)

In article <9466@imagen.UUCP> ib@apolling (Ivan N. Bach) writes:
>In article <6968@tekgvs.LABS.TEK.COM> keithe@tekgvs.LABS.TEK.COM
>(Keith Ericson) writes:
>
>>Just out of curiosity, what is it that QMS Inc. does to make its
>>money?
>
>Do you mind?  We are trying to have a technical discussion about a very

Calling your diatribe a technical discussion is as much as of a misnomer
as professional wrestling...

>important aspect of the PostScript language.  If you do not have anything
>to contribute, keep your comments to yourself.

Ivan, you should take some of your own advice.  Here's an article you
posted recently to this newsgroup:

In article <9465@imagen.UUCP> ib@apolling (Ivan N. Bach) writes:
*munck@chance.UUCP (Robert Munck) writes:
*
*>Wow!  Suppose there were 10,000,000, and they each waste 20MB and 40 hours!
*>Or even 1,000,000,000 and each wastes 2,000MB and 9,000 hours a year!
*>That would be even huger.
*Since you work for a defense contractor, you must be so used to wasting our
*tax dollars that we could not possibly expect you to be interested in any cost
*saving measures.  The rest of us have to pay our bills ourselves.  I am almost
*certain that you have never used a PostScript interpreter in the executive or
*interactive mode, and have no idea what I am talking about.

MITRE is not a defense contractor.  We work directly for the
government as a Federal Contract Research Center.  In fact,
approximately one third of our work has nothing to do with defense.

But I must admit, we do waste money.  Our nine Imagen printers, which I
unfortunately purchased, are probably our biggest waste of money.  Had
the PrintServer 20 only come out a little earlier.

Your haranguing Adobe only serves to belittle yourself and demean the
company for which you work.

|Ted Ede -- ted@mbunix.mitre.org -- The MITRE Corporation -- Burlington Road|
| linus!mbunix!ted -- Bedford MA, 01730 -- Mail Stop B090 -- (617) 271-7465 |
|                   - this line intentionally left blank -                  |