[comp.lang.postscript] Converting PostScript files to plain ASCII text

orgren@Stars.Reston.Unisys.COM (orgren) (03/06/90)

Does anyone know of a utility that will convert the text portion
of a PostScript file to a reasonably formatted, plain ASCII file?

Thank you.

woody@chinacat.Lonestar.ORG (Woodrow Baker) (03/08/90)

In article <631@aviary.Stars.Reston.Unisys.COM>, orgren@Stars.Reston.Unisys.COM (orgren) writes:

> Does anyone know of a utility that will convert the text portion
> of a PostScript file to a reasonably formatted, plain ASCII file?

A utility exists.  It is in the automated posting that is still under
construction.  I have posted 2 versions, and am collecting comments and
suggestions.  If you need it, email me, and I'll send it your way
warts and all...
Cheers
Woody