[comp.lang.postscript] Postscript "Clones"

mjf@well.sf.ca.us (Marty Fried) (03/10/90)

This is my first attempt at entering a message, so please bear with
me if I mess it up.

My company is developing a Mac product (for graphics production), which
will use Postscript.  We are interested in purchasing source code for
a Postscript interpreter to speed developement of PS importing.  We
know of one from UC Berkeley for around 10 grand, and have heard about
one from a company called Rutherford Appleton Labs in the UK.  I believe
it's called the "Gozwell Interpreter".

My questions are:  does anyone know anything about this Gozwell interpreter
or how to contact Rutherford Appleton?  How about other possibilities?
We are very small, so any help we can get to speed up the software
developement would be a benefit.

Thanks to anyone that can help.
Marty Fried
415-331-0700   FAX 415-331-3400

woody@chinacat.Lonestar.ORG (Woody Baker @ Eagle Signal) (03/13/90)

In article <16595@well.sf.ca.us>, mjf@well.sf.ca.us (Marty Fried) writes:
> it's called the "Gozwell Interpreter".
>
> My questions are:  does anyone know anything about this Gozwell interpreter
> or how to contact Rutherford Appleton?  How about other possibilities?
> We are very small, so any help we can get to speed up the software
> developement would be a benefit.

Crispin Goswell wrote a Postscript interpreter in 'C' for the SUN.
I picked a copy up off a local BBS here in Austin.  I believe that you
can do basicaly whatever you want with it (from notes in the source
code).  I will be glad to send it to you.   The rules:

Send a disk mailer with 2 360K formatted IBM class disks in it.
Send a return diskmailer self addressed, with suffecient postage on it.
(approx .65).  I'll copy it on one of the disks and return it.  The
other disk is mine for my trouble.  Fair?

Woody Baker
Rt.1 Box I
Manor, Tx. 78653

Cheers