[comp.lang.postscript] Need some pointers to Postscript Color extension

dambrose@drivax.UUCP (David Ambrose) (03/10/90)

	This has probably been asked before,  but I'm new to Postsript so
please forgive my temporary ignorance.

	Is there a set of standard color extensions in existence?
Specifically,  I am interested in methods of handling color images.  The
color facilities in the Red book seem to be fine for most things except
images.

	Filling polygons with arbitrary raster patterns seems to be
excessively difficult.  Are there easy strategies for doing this?

	Please feel free to e-mail replies.

	Thanks,
	David Ambrose

--
Play it cool;  play it cool;  fifty-fifty fire and ice -- Joni Mitchell
David L. Ambrose, --  Digital Research, Inc          ...!amdahl!drivax!dambrose

woody@chinacat.Lonestar.ORG (Woody Baker @ Eagle Signal) (03/13/90)

In article <ZB3FSHF@drivax.UUCP>, dambrose@drivax.UUCP (David Ambrose) writes:

> 	This has probably been asked before,  but I'm new to Postsript so
> please forgive my temporary ignorance.
>
> 	Is there a set of standard color extensions in existence?
There is a file server at adobe, that has a document describing the
color extensions to the language.  you can obtain it by using mail and
sending a message to

file-server@adobe.com
send help
send index

This will get you a help file and an index file.  Follow the instructions
in the help file.  I also have an auto post, that I'll be glad to send to
you. Just dropme a email note.  It is still in revision 2 so it is a little
warty, but answers lots of questions.
Cheers
woody