[comp.lang.postscript] EXTENDED CHARACTERS

david.reid@canremote.uucp (DAVID REID) (02/22/90)

HELP!  I would like to know if anyone knows how to get my NEC LC890
Silentwriter to print IBM's extended characters in the Postscript mode.
I have a couple of applications I am developing and one area where I
would like to be able to do this is in being able to draw borders and
lines in invoices.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

David Reid
---
 * Via ProDoor 3.1R

geof@aurora.com (Geoffrey H. Cooper) (02/26/90)

In article <90022300125917@masnet.uucp> david.reid@canremote.uucp (DAVID REID) writes:
>HELP!  I would like to know if anyone knows how to get my NEC LC890
>Silentwriter to print IBM's extended characters in the Postscript mode.

Adobe has a fixed width font with zillions of characters in it to do
this.  I think it is "pica".  They will be happy to sell it to you.

- Geof
--
geof@aurora.com / aurora!geof@decwrl.dec.com / geof%aurora.com@decwrl.dec.com

vgopal@cbnewsc.ATT.COM (venu.p.gopal) (03/14/90)

In article <90031004311854@masnet.uucp> david.reid@canremote.uucp (DAVID REID) writes:
>HELP!  I would like to know if anyone knows how to get my NEC LC890
>Silentwriter to print IBM's extended characters in the Postscript mode.
>I have a couple of applications I am developing and one area where I
>would like to be able to do this is in being able to draw borders and
>lines in invoices.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You might want to look at SCRtoPS - text/graphics screen capture program
that will print the IBM extended character set to postscript.

It creates EPS files also.  Contact Offe Enterprises 708-357-6679.

Venu P. Gopal
UUCP: ..!att!cbnewsc!vgopal
Internet: vgopal@cbnewsc.att.com