[comp.lang.postscript] problems in :

pwatson@mqccsunc.mqcc.mq.OZ (Phil Watson) (03/15/90)

Withe something like the following command,

(fred + tom) show

Postscript will "crash" on the plus, what is needed is to do

(fred \+ tom) show

-- fair enough .....

BUT, on page 23 of the postscript reference manual, there is a list of all the
characters that need the slosh as a prefix - the plus symbol is not there.

My question is this : Are there any other of these symbols that have this
undocumented feature ???.

fanks awot,
		Phil,

| Philip Watson				    pwatson@mqccsuna.mqcc.mq.oz |
|									|
| Statistical Laboratory						|
| Stat, Comp & Management Consultants					|
| Mac Uni, NSW, 2109							|
| OZ									|
| TEL : (02) 805 8592, 805 8792						|
| FAX : (02) 805 7433							|
|... Any resemblance between the above views and those of my employer,	|
|my terminal, or the view out my window are purely coincidental.  Any	|
|resemblance between the above and my own views is non-deterministic.	|
|The question of the existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold|
|them is left as an exercise for the reader.  The question of the	|
|existence of the reader is left as an exercise for the second god	|
|coefficient.  (A discussion of non-orthogonal, non-integral polytheism	|
|is beyond the scope of this article.)					|

zben@umd5.umd.edu (Ben Cranston) (03/16/90)

In article <276@macuni.mqcc.mq.oz> pwatson@mqccsuna.mqcc.mq.oz
(Phil Watson) writes:

> (fred + tom) show
> Postscript will "crash" on the plus, what is needed is to do
> (fred \+ tom) show

I just sent this program to my Laserwriter, without error:

100 100 moveto /Courier findfont 10 scalefont setfont
(fred + tom) show
showpage

and got a piece of paper containing pretty much what one would expect...

Respectfully suggest the problem is in your particular Postscript
interpreter rather than in Postscript as a language.

--

"It's all about Power, it's all about Control
 All the rest is lies for the credulous"