[comp.lang.postscript] Postscript Banner Programs

chen@mv4.unca.adhocnet.ca (03/16/90)

A while back there was a banner printing program for Postscript Laser printers,
could please E-mail it to me....I lost it in a system crash

aTdHvAaNnKcSe

 Lawrence Chen "I'm crazy, I don't work for anybody, and I'm having fun!"
 BITNET:   Chen%MV4.UNCA.AdHocNet.CA@UNCAEDU.bitnet           - The Dreamer
 INTERNET: Chen@MV4.UNCA.AdHocNet.CA   BBS: Lunatic Haven [CA 403 239 1225]

jb@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Jonathan Ball) (03/23/90)

In article <900315211614.0b2@mv2.UCalgary.CA> chen@mv4.unca.adhocnet.ca writes:
>A while back there was a banner printing program for Postscript Laser printers,
>could please E-mail it to me....I lost it in a system crash
Could I have a copy too, please?

Many Thanks!

JB

Jonathan Ball                              jonathan@jarthur.Claremont.Edu
                ...boring signature, huh?

woody@chinacat.Unicom.COM (Woody Baker @ Eagle Signal) (03/23/90)

This routine prints letters 1 character to a sheet of paper.  I used it
to generate banners for hanging in the flea market when I was running
my business card printing program there.

%This file defines the routine to print large characters.

%bigchar takes a string with one character.
/bigchar
 {/str exch def
  t612 setfont
  gsave
  0 0 moveto
  str false charpath flattenpath pathbbox
  /ury exch def /urx exch def
  /lly exch def /llx exch def
  grestore
  urx llx sub 2 div neg 4.25 inch add 8.5 inch 4 div .05 inch add translate
  newpath
  0 0 moveto
 str false charpath
  gsave .6 setgray fill grestore
  8 setlinewidth stroke
  showpage
 }def

/t612 (Bookman-Demi)findfont [600 0 0 792 0 0] makefont def
/inch {72 mul}def

/chrforall
{/xqt  exch def dup length -1 exch {1 add 2 copy 1 getinterval xqt}repeat
 pop pop}def
%statusdict begin /manualfeed true def end

(BANNER MESSAGE){bigchar}chrforall
%statusdict begin /manualfeed false def end

Cheers
Woody