[comp.lang.postscript] Disk drive for Apple LaserWriter II NTX

tml@hemuli.tik.vtt.fi (Tor Lillqvist) (03/23/90)

We have a few DataFrame XP20 SCSI disks lying around unused and I
tried to attach one of them to an Apple LaserWriter II NTX.  No
success.  The LW doesn't seem to notice the disk drive.  I tried the
diskonline operator, which returned false.  (The same disk works well
when attached to a Mac II, so I don't think there is anything wrong
with it.)  Any suggestions?

rsilverman@eagle.wesleyan.edu (03/24/90)

In article <4616@hemuli.tik.vtt.fi>, tml@hemuli.tik.vtt.fi (Tor Lillqvist) writes:
> We have a few DataFrame XP20 SCSI disks lying around unused and I
> tried to attach one of them to an Apple LaserWriter II NTX.  No
> success.  The LW doesn't seem to notice the disk drive.  I tried the
> diskonline operator, which returned false.  (The same disk works well
> when attached to a Mac II, so I don't think there is anything wrong
> with it.)  Any suggestions?

Tor,

I have not personally hooked up a disk to a LaserWriter, however, I did read
about the disk-related operators once.  I think you need to initialize the disk
first, with an operator named "initializedisk" or some such, probably in
statusdict.

                                                Richard Silverman

arpa:	rsilverman@eagle.wesleyan.edu           Systems Engineer
bitnet:	rsilverman@wesleyan.bitnet              AM Computer Products
CIS:	[72727,453]                             Southington, CT 06489