[comp.lang.postscript] PostScript interpreters for color slides

johan@dutnak2.UUCP (03/28/90)

I have heard of the existentence of two software products:
"Freedom of Press" and "Professional Output Manager" that run
on a Mac and can image color PostScript files on a variety of
film recorders (Lasergraphics, Montage).

Does anyone have experience with these products? Besides the
accuracy of the output, I'm interested in performance (how long
does it take) and ease of use.

To be specific: Suppose I have created a presentation
consisting of twenty slides in Microsoft PowerPoint. I know
that when I fill in e.g. "page 2 to 2" in the LaserWriter print
dialog box and type Command-K during printing, I get a
PostScript file of the second slide. But do I have to do this
20 times to generate 20 different PostScript files, or will
these packages (FOP & POM) accept a PostScript file that
contains all 20 slides?

Johan de Haas     tel. +31 15 785188   E-mail: johan@dutnak0.tudelft.nl
Delft University of Technology
P.O Box 5046, 2600 GA Delft, The Netherlands

bradlee@cg-atla.agfa.com (Rob Bradlee) (03/29/90)

In article <1208@dutrun.UUCP> johan@dutnak2.UUCP (Johan de Haas) writes:
>I have heard of the existentence of two software products:
>"Freedom of Press" and "Professional Output Manager" that run
>on a Mac and can image color PostScript files on a variety of
>film recorders (Lasergraphics, Montage).
>
>Does anyone have experience with these products? Besides the

You might also want to look at the AGFA Matrix film recorders which
now are available with an AGFA color RIP for PostScript.  Give them
a call in Orangeburg, New York at 1-914-365-0190.

--
Rob Bradlee  w:(508)-658-5600 X5153  h:(617)-944-5595
AGFA Compugraphic Division.    ...!{decvax,samsung}!cg-atla!bradlee