[comp.lang.postscript] finding values for implementation limits

rsilverman@eagle.wesleyan.edu (04/07/90)

In article <40933@robin.cs.nott.ac.uk>, cczdao@clan.nott.ac.uk (David Osborne) writes:
> Is there a way of getting a PostScript printer to tell you the values
> for its implementation limits?  The description in Appendix B of the
> Red Book emphasizes that the values given relate specifically to the
> LaserWriter.  How does one find the values for other implementations?
> The problem I need to solve is finding the limit for the number of
> points in a path, in version 47 of the Adobe interpreter in an Agfa
> P3400PS.

David,

I imagine if you call the company, their tech. support could tell you (if the
information isn't already in the manuals for the printer).  If that's not
possible, you could just write a PostScript program to keep adding points to a
path until in hits a limitcheck, and report the number of points it added
successfully.

                                                Richard Silverman

arpa:	rsilverman@eagle.wesleyan.edu           Systems Engineer
bitnet:	rsilverman@wesleyan.bitnet              AM Computer Products
CIS:	[72727,453]                             Southington, CT 06489