[comp.lang.postscript] Where do I find share-ware fonts?

Brian_C_McBee@cup.portal.com (05/02/90)

I am working with a shareware postscript interpreter on my Amiga.  Where
can I find shareware clones of the Laserwriter fonts: Times, Helvetica,
Courier, Palatino, Symbol, Avant Garde, Bookman, Zapf Chancery, Zapf Dingbats,
New Century Schoolbook?  I understand there are collections available by
anonymous FTP, but I am not on the internet.  Is there a mail-server with
these, or anonymous UUCP, or someone who can mail me a disk, or something?
With the growing popularity of postscript clones, there must be others wit
this problem.  What did you do?

woody@chinacat.Unicom.COM (Woody Baker @ Eagle Signal) (05/02/90)

In article <29507@cup.portal.com>, Brian_C_McBee@cup.portal.com writes:
> anonymous FTP, but I am not on the internet.  Is there a mail-server with
> these, or anonymous UUCP, or someone who can mail me a disk, or something?
> With the growing popularity of postscript clones, there must be others wit

There is a file-server.  I think it 's address is something like
font-server@mims.waterloo.edu

or something similar.  I'll go look it up.  Email me a message and I'll
send you the Autopost file (25K) of questions and answers, and information.
It contains the details.

Cheers
Woody