[comp.lang.postscript] Wanted: PostScript manual

woody@chinacat.Unicom.COM (Woody Baker @ Eagle Signal) (05/05/90)

In article <90123.091333RCW101@psuvm.psu.edu>, RCW101@psuvm.psu.edu (The Fiend) writes:
> I am looking for a manual for the PostScript language. Does anyone know of the

Addison Wesley publishes the "RED BOOK" (the language manual for Postscript.)
They sell it to any number of sources and book stores.  If you want the
ISBN, email me a note, and I will send you all the info on it.  You should
also get the "GREEN and BLUE" books, from the same publisher (the cookbook, and
programming guides)
Cheers
Woody

gelphman@adobe.COM (David Gelphman) (05/06/90)

In article <90123.091333RCW101@psuvm.psu.edu> RCW101@psuvm.psu.edu (The Fiend) writes:
>I am looking for a manual for the PostScript language. Does anyone know of the
>existence of such and where I can get my hands on a copy? I have some files
    There are three books that Adobe Systems has written about the PostScript
language and all are published by Addison Wesley. They are available at
most bookstores where computer books are sold. The books are:
    PostScript Language Reference Manual -The "Red" Book.
    PostScript Language Tutorial and Cookbook -The "Blue" Book
    PostScript Language Program Design -The "Green" Book

The first is the definitive reference for the PostScript language.
The second is a tutorial introduction into the language.
The third is discusses program design with an eye toward performance.

David Gelphman
Adobe Systems Incorporated