[comp.lang.postscript] Postscript to PICT?

chris@heights.cit.cornell.edu (05/31/90)

I would like to display a postscript file on a Macintosh.  Is there any
software available to do this conversion: Postscript to PICT?

Also, is there anything available to strip the plain text from a postscript
file?

I appreciate your patience with a postscript apprentice.

Chris Stuart
215 CCC
Cornell University
Ithaca, New York  14853
chris@heights.cit.cornell.edu

derosa@motcid.UUCP (John DeRosa) (05/31/90)

chris@heights.cit.cornell.edu writes:

>I would like to display a postscript file on a Macintosh.  Is there any
>software available to do this conversion: Postscript to PICT?

>Also, is there anything available to strip the plain text from a postscript
>file?

The software Postility Toolkit by Postcraft can recover Pict and/or text
from an encapsulated postscript file and save it.  Another product, MacRip
(now called Tscript) by TeleTypesetting can take postscript code
and display it on the screen.  Unfortunately it can only display
it on the screen and Tscript requires a locally connected
Postscript engine (printer), appletalk connected won't work.

I don't think that this is exactly what you wanted.  I am looking for the
same thing, i.e. a tool that will take a postscript file (not eps)
and produce a pict file (or any other mac format) from it.  Thus
the reason I have bought and used Tscript and Postility.

If you (or anyone out there) come across the tool I need, please
let me know.
=    John DeRosa, Motorola, Inc, Cellular Infrastructure Division           =
=                   e-mail: ...uunet!motcid!derosaj                         =
=                Applelink: N1111                                           =
= I do not hold by employer responsible for any information in this message =
=      nor am I responsible for anything my employer may do or say.         =

woody@chinacat.Unicom.COM (Woody Baker @ Eagle Signal) (06/01/90)

Is there anyway that I could get a copy of the routine that uses a
localy connected postscript engine to display the bitmap?  I am looking
for the "extract the bit-map" code fragment.  I don't have a mac, but do have
access to one, and would be most delighted to obtain a copy.
email me a note.
Cheers
Woody