[comp.lang.postscript] How to draw an "outline line"

hoberoi@eagle.wesleyan.edu (06/09/90)

Hi
	is there a way of generating "outline lines" like the outline
fonts ? I could do that by drawing two lines shifted by a "width" but it
seems sotra crude.

thanks

Himanshu   hoberoi@eagle.wesleyan.edu or hoberoi@wesleyan.bitnet

woody@chinacat.Unicom.COM (Woodrow Baker) (06/10/90)

In article <28029@eagle.wesleyan.edu>, hoberoi@eagle.wesleyan.edu writes:
> Hi
> 	is there a way of generating "outline lines" like the outline
> fonts ? I could do that by drawing two lines shifted by a "width" but it
> seems sotra crude.

Try this:
	Create your path.
	Set the linewidth to the total width
	that your want your 2 lines to occupy
	Set the color to black, do a gsave, then stroke
	your path.  Then do a grestore, change the color to
	white, change the linewidth to a smaller value, and then
	stroke it again.
Cheers
Woody

laukee@canon.co.uk (David Lau-Kee) (06/11/90)

In article <28029@eagle.wesleyan.edu> hoberoi@eagle.wesleyan.edu writes:
>	is there a way of generating "outline lines" like the outline
[...]
>Himanshu   hoberoi@eagle.wesleyan.edu or hoberoi@wesleyan.bitnet

Maybe try 'strokepath', [Red Book p.229].

 -D