[comp.lang.postscript] Mac prologue for postscript?

jerry@donk.UUCP (jerry) (06/29/90)

In article <1990Jun26.045807.11832@mthvax.cs.miami.edu> aem@Mthvax.CS.Miami.Edu writes:
>I've just converted the Mac on my desk from A/UX to MacOS, and
>have figured out how to get a postscript file out when the print
>dialogue comes up. But when I upload it to our Suns, and queue
>it for the LaserWriter, nothing comes out. Is there an additional
>prologue that is needed for Mac postscript output to print out
>on the LaserWriter? If it matters, I am running 6.0.5 of MacOS
>and the printer I tried it on is a LaserWriter II/NTX.
>
>thanks,
>
>aem

I have had the same problem when I moved files from my Mega2 with the
Spectre emulator. What I discovered were to lines that that attempted to
do a set???????? (I don't remember exactly). They are in the first 20 or
so lines. When these are removed, I have had no problems in printing.
Hope this helps.

>--
>a.e.mossberg / aem@mthvax.cs.miami.edu / aem@umiami.BITNET / Pahayokee Bioregion
>The new electronic interdependence recreates the world in the image
>of a global village.			- Marshall McLuhan

* Intel may own me body and soul, but these opinions are MINE. So there.  *
* jerry@orion1.hf.intel.com         You can find me either here or        *
* jerryg@bucket.uucp                there or                              *
* 74176.1024@compuserve.com         here                                  *
* Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggie' until you can find a rock. *