[comp.lang.postscript] ps to epsf?

klf1305@che_sun1.tamu.edu (Kelly L. Fergason) (07/04/90)

	Does anyone know how to convert a postscript file to encapsulated
postscript?  We have heard of Smart Art, a Mac program which will do it,
but we are looking for other alternatives first.

	Thanks,

	Kelly Fergason

mag852@csc.anu.oz (07/05/90)

In article <6327@helios.TAMU.EDU>, klf1305@che_sun1.tamu.edu (Kelly L. Fergason) writes:

> 	Does anyone know how to convert a postscript file to encapsulated
> postscript?  We have heard of Smart Art, a Mac program which will do it,
> but we are looking for other alternatives first.
>
> 	Thanks,
>

> 	Kelly Fergason

There are two sorts of EPS files, displayable and non-displayable.
It is very simple to convert any postscript file into a non-displayable EPS
file.  These can still be imported into page composition software etc.

To achieve this simply add two lines to the top of your postscript file.
%!PS-Adobe-2.0 EPSF-1.2
%%BoundingBox: 0 0 612 792

The numbers in the second line are variable depending on the limits of the
code.  The above example is for a full 612-by-792 point (8.5x11 inch) image.

                                                  Mark Greenaway
                                               (mark@cres0.anu.oz.au)