[comp.lang.postscript] Question about DTR

howie@voodoo.UUCP (howie) (07/09/90)

>woody@chinacat.Unicom.COM (Woody Baker @ Eagle Signal) writes:
>
>To answer this, lets first deal with XON/XOFF.  Under DSR/DTR mode (which
>you can set along with 8 bits), you don't need XON/XOFF.  Under DSR/DTR
>mode XON/XOFF should be allowed through.

I posted the following question to comp.unix.wizards without any definitive
response.  Can anybody here offer some assistance.

I'd like to know if there is a way to be able to find out (in software) if
a peripheral is powered up.  Is there a generalized, high level way to inquire
(and set) the DTR signal on an RS-232 connection?

				       thanks in advance

--
				       howie

				       uw-beaver!ssc-vax!voodoo!howie