[comp.lang.postscript] comp.lang.postscript archives?

ryan@oxford.hw.stratus.com (Dan Guilderson) (07/30/90)

Is comp.lang.postscript archived somewhere?  If so, where?  Also,
I've heard that there is a postscript archive server somewhere.  Would
someone help me out and mail the internet address of that server to me?
I'm specifically interested in finding a program to convert postscript
files to encapsulated postscript.  If anyone knows where I can find
one of those I'd like to hear about it.  Thanks much.

--
Dan Guilderson
ryan@oxford.hw.stratus.com

woody@chinacat.Unicom.COM (Woody Baker @ Eagle Signal) (08/02/90)

In article <RYAN.90Jul30100032@oxford.hw.stratus.com>, ryan@oxford.hw.stratus.com (Dan Guilderson) writes:

> Is comp.lang.postscript archived somewhere?  If so, where?  Also,

Since Jan 24, 1990, I have been archeiving the Postscript group.  It is up
to 8 files in pkarc format, that range from 100K or so to nearly 300K.
I missed about 20 or 30 messages due to to rapid expire times, but other
than that, It is complete.  To my knowlege there is no archive server, but
that may soon change.  I recently aquired a small Xenix system (an old
TRS-80 MODEL II with a 6Mhz 68000 upgrade and a small harddisk)  When I get
the software to create a usenet node, one of the things that I plan to do
is to put a server up to supply the archive.  Don't hold your breath.  I
have to invest quite a bit of cash yet. (A good external 2400 baud modem,
and some more hard disk space)

If someone would like to make them available over a usenet site let
me know.  It really needs to be an archive server, rather than an FTP
site, because not all people (my self included) have access to FTP...

Cheers
Woody
> I'm specifically interested in finding a program to convert postscript
> files to encapsulated postscript.  If anyone knows where I can find

The server  ps-file-server@adobe.com has a document that documents
EPS.  It is basically a matter of wrapping a few comments around your code,
and computing a bounding box, (how to do this seems to be to measure
the output, or at least that seems to be the easiest).

You probably could use a simple shellscript to do it.  Any of you
*nix wizards have one handy ?