[comp.lang.postscript] Jetscript for HPLJII

ned@pebbles.cad.mcc.com (Ned Nowotny) (08/08/90)

In article <1465@chinacat.Unicom.COM> woody@chinacat.Unicom.COM (Woody Baker @ Eagle Signal) writes:
>In article <3592@intvax.UUCP>, drstrip@intvax.UUCP (David R. Strip) writes:
>> I jsut received a mailing from HP offering JetScript boards for
>> $495. Is this a good price? Is some change coming making these
>> obsolete, or am I just paranoid?
>> drstrip@cs.sandia.gov
>

>$495???  JetScript?  This bugger has a list price of $2195 (now) from
>QMS.  It is a coprocessor card for the PC, with 3 meg of ram, and a 16 mhz
>68000 on board. It converts an HPLJ series II to postscript.

Yep, that's the product.  I just got mine yesterday and will be installing it
this week.

HP is offering this stuff direct for $495.00.  The number for ordering is
1-800-538-8787.  The product number is 88141A, but you don't need it to order.

Disclaimer:  (This shouldn't be necessary, but...)  I don't really care
	     whether you order one of these things or not.  I certainly
	     have nothing to gain if you do.  This is intended only as
	     a public service announcement for those who have been looking
	     for a reasonable way to print PostScript on their HP LaserJet
	     Series II printer.

Ned Nowotny, MCC CAD Program, Box 200195, Austin, TX  78720  Ph: (512) 338-3715
ARPA: ned@mcc.com                   UUCP: ...!cs.utexas.edu!milano!cadillac!ned
"We have ways to make you scream." - Intel advertisement in the June 1989 DDJ.