[net.micro] re NEW assembler statements

kgdykes@watbun.UUCP (07/11/86)

>From: msf@rayssd.UUCP (Michael S. Frank)
>
>About a year ago, I asked for, and received, a list of the humorous assembler
>commands that always show up here and there.  I compiled a master list from
>all sources, and mailed out copies to all who showed an interest.  Anyone
>who would like a copy of the list E-MAILed to them, just drop me a line.
>Warning: It is over 1100 lines long!
>
>Here is a sample to tempt your taste buds:
>--
>Michael Frank
>allegra!rayssd!msf

Several years ago, I came across a piece of Cray-1 assembler coding ;-)
as follows...

        HLT    * halt processor
        HLT    * extra
        HLT    *   halts to
        HLT    *      prevent
        HLT    *          skidding

          - Ken Dykes
            Software Development Group, U. of Waterloo
            Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.  N2L 3G1  (+1 519) 885 1211
            {ihnp4,decvax,allegra,utzoo}!watmath!watbun!kgdykes