[comp.lang.postscript] XPS PostScript Previewer problems

lra00@ccc.amdahl.com (Larry R. Ader) (08/14/90)

I've had enough requests for the location of the source that I thought
I'd just post it to stave off more e-mail.

I ftp'd XPS from bu.edu (anonymous login).  It's in /src/printing/postscript.
The file name is xps.tar.Z.

Have fun with it,

Larry Ader

P.S.  I still have not had any help concerning my original problem: how to
      get XPS to stop displaying in reverse video.
      Help!!

P.P.S This previewer is for the "X" environment.  I have had a few people
      ask me if it can run on MS-DOS.

 Larry Ader                      ||
 Amdahl Corporation              ||  ames   \
 1250 E. Arques Ave.  M/S 139    ||  apple   > !amdahl!lra00
 P.O. Box 3470                   ||  att    /
 Sunnyvale, CA   94088-3470      ||  uunet /
 ph. 408/992-2722                ||             or lra00@amdahl.com

rvdp@cs.vu.nl (Ronald van der Pol) (08/17/90)

lra00@ccc.amdahl.com (Larry R. Ader) writes:

>P.S.  I still have not had any help concerning my original problem: how to
>      get XPS to stop displaying in reverse video.
	This is a known problem. I have not seen a fix yet. If
	WhitePixel == 1 (check with 'xset q') on your server (e.g NCD
	terminals) xps will run in reverse video. If WhitePixel == 0
	(e.g. Sun workstations) xps runs OK. (I'm trying to fix this
	problem: HINT! Anybody done this already? I hate to reinvent
	the wheel :-)

--
		Ronald van der Pol  <rvdp@cs.vu.nl>