[comp.lang.postscript] REPOST: Wanted: PostScript/HPGL -> HP PainJet translater.

khan@THOR.XRAYLITH.WISC.EDU (Mumit Khan) (08/18/90)

Hi:
Is there a PostScript -> HP Paintjet translater out there?  I'm trying
to get some color dumps for overheads (stored in color PostScript) and
the only color printer I can access is a HP Painjet. I could use an HP
Plotter as a last resort, but I would like to use the PaintJet for
other things than using it on a PC (Windows 3.0 seems to have a driver
for it). HPGL -> Painjet would be great too! Preferebly written in C;
but then again, I can't really be picky, can I?

Any help/pointers appreciated.

Mumit -- (khan@xraylith.wisc.edu)

geof@aurora.com (Geoffrey H. Cooper) (08/18/90)

In article <9008172020.AA24044@thor.xraylith.wisc.edu> khan@THOR.XRAYLITH.WISC.EDU (Mumit Khan) writes:

>Hi:
>Is there a PostScript -> HP Paintjet translater out there?  I'm trying
>to get some color dumps for overheads (stored in color PostScript) and
>the only color printer I can access is a HP Painjet. I could use an HP
>Plotter as a last resort, but I would like to use the PaintJet for
>other things than using it on a PC (Windows 3.0 seems to have a driver
>for it). HPGL -> Painjet would be great too! Preferebly written in C;
>but then again, I can't really be picky, can I?

QMS' "UltraScript PC"
CAI' "Freedom of the Press"

both have this as one of their functions.
--
geof@aurora.com / aurora!geof@decwrl.dec.com / geof%aurora.com@decwrl.dec.com