[comp.lang.postscript] Color PostScript Image Operator

chuck@Morgan.COM (Chuck Ocheret) (08/25/90)

In anticipation of obtaining a color PostScript printer in the near
future, I wish to know what the color image operator is and how it is
used.  At the time the "Red Book" was published there was only a
grayscale image operator.  Has Adobe specified one, or have the various
vendors grown their own.

Thanks,
~chuck
--
+--------------------+   Chuck Ocheret, Sr. Staff Engineer   +---------------+
|chuck@APT.Morgan.COM|       Morgan Stanley & Co., Inc.      |(212) 703-4474 |

woody@chinacat.Unicom.COM (Woody Baker @ Eagle Signal) (08/26/90)

In article <1556@s5.Morgan.COM>, chuck@Morgan.COM (Chuck Ocheret) writes:
> In anticipation of obtaining a color PostScript printer in the near
> future, I wish to know what the color image operator is and how it is
> used.  At the time the "Red Book" was published there was only a

The complete information for the color operators may be obtained from
the Adobe file server.  mail a message to  ps-file-server@adobe.com
with a message

send help

and you will get a complete set of instructions.  Hope this helps.
Cheers
Woody

orthlieb@adobe.COM (Carl Orthlieb) (08/28/90)

In article <1556@s5.Morgan.COM> chuck@Morgan.COM (Chuck Ocheret) writes:
>In anticipation of obtaining a color PostScript printer in the near
>future, I wish to know what the color image operator is and how it is
>used.  At the time the "Red Book" was published there was only a
>grayscale image operator.  Has Adobe specified one, or have the various
>vendors grown their own.

There is indeed a specification available describing the color extensions
to the PostScript language. It is available from our server
(ps-file-server@adobe.COM) in the Documents directory, it is called
Color_Ext.ps.

The new red book that is currently in the works will also describe these
operators in detail.

Carl 8-)