[comp.lang.postscript] Printing multiple copies of a PS file.

elee24@castle.ed.ac.uk (H Bruce) (08/29/90)

How can a large Postscript file be altered to print multiples copies of itself
so that it does not have to be sent to the print a number of times.

I want to know this because an application generates a large Postscript file
of fine detail that does not photocopy well and we have a serial link to the
printer so sending the file a number of times seems really wasteful.

Thanks,

Henry Bruce.

adamfox@super.ORG (Adam Fox) (08/30/90)

In article <6000@castle.ed.ac.uk>, elee24@castle.ed.ac.uk (H Bruce) writes:
> How can a large Postscript file be altered to print multiples copies of itself
> so that it does not have to be sent to the print a number of times.

I've had success by using the following statement:

/#copies x def

where x is the number of copies.

I put this at the begining of the file, right after the standard header.

Give it a try.

-- Adam Fox
adamfox@super.org
adamfox@metropolis.super.org