[comp.lang.postscript] Displaying letterheads

kai@cyklop.nada.kth.se (Kai-Mikael J{{-Aro) (09/06/90)

I have a scanned leterhead which I want to incorporate into each of n
printed pages.  Now, I really don't want to send the bitmap of
~40kB for each and every page, so what do I do - do I use copypage and
whitefill appropriate parts of the page or can I store the bitmap
somewhere and reuse for every page?
--
Kai-Mikael J{{-Aro	kai@nada.kth.se
			"Don't win, don't lose."  -- Yoshigasaki-sensei

woody@chinacat.Unicom.COM (Woody Baker @ Eagle Signal) (09/07/90)

In article <KAI.90Sep6162810@cyklop.nada.kth.se>, kai@cyklop.nada.kth.se (Kai-Mikael J{{-Aro) writes:
> I have a scanned leterhead which I want to incorporate into each of n
> ~40kB for each and every page, so what do I do - do I use copypage and

I think what I would do, is to wrap a procedure around the bit map, such
that the image would be assigned to a string (since it is < 64K long)
and download that procedure.  Then you merely have to execute that
procedure anytime you want the logo.  It should work fine.

Cheers
Woody