[comp.lang.postscript] Software reset for Laserwriter Plus?

rxcob@minyos.xx.rmit.oz (Owen Baker) (09/03/90)

Does anyone know if it is possible to send some Postscript code that will reset
an Apple Laserwriter Plus to power-up state other than by turning it on and off?
Our Laserwriter is used from many different applications
on a network and sometimes a previous print job will stuff up following
jobs. Is there someway to completely reset it to a known state and free VM
etc?

+-------------------------------+-------------------------------------------+
|  Owen Baker                   |  Communication Services Unit              |
|  rxcob@minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au   |  RMIT - Victoria University of Technology |
|  (61) (3) 660-2038            |  Melbourne, Victoria, Australia           |
+-------------------------------+-------------------------------------------+

woody@chinacat.Unicom.COM (Woody Baker @ Eagle Signal) (09/04/90)

In article <5528@minyos.xx.rmit.oz>, rxcob@minyos.xx.rmit.oz (Owen Baker) writes:
> Does anyone know if it is possible to send some Postscript code that will reset
> an Apple Laserwriter Plus to power-up state other than by turning it on and off?

quit  usually does the job.  In some printers (I know that it exists in the
QMS-PS810), there is an operator  called      resetprinter    in statusdict
or systemdict or serverdict on of the 3.

Cheers
Woody

shiva@well.sf.ca.us (Kenneth Porter) (09/07/90)

Printer reset is a PPD (PostScript Printer Description)
feature.  There is code in the PPD file for each printer under
"*Reset:" showing how to reset that printer.