[comp.lang.postscript] definition section for msWord postscript files

michele@yunexus.yorku.ca (Michele Marques) (10/19/90)

Instead of sending a MicroSoft Word file to a laser printer, I sent it
to a postscript file.  I'ld like to be able to print this on the
postscript printer attached to our Vax, but the postscript file
generated by MS Word seems to be missing the definition section which
is present at the top of my other postscript files.

Does anyone have the definition section for an MS Word postscript file?
(Or know of a program/procedure by which I can get a postscript file
which will print on a non-pc postscript printer)

Thanks.

Michele Marques                      | UUCP: ....!utzoo!yunexus!michele
Help Desk, User Services             | Internet: michele@nexus.yorku.ca
Computing & Communications Services  | Bitnet:   michele@yuorion
York University                      | Voice:    +1-416-736-5800
--

sun@me.utoronto.ca (Andy Sun Anu-guest) (10/19/90)

In article <MICHELE.90Oct18142343@yunexus.yorku.ca> michele@yunexus.yorku.ca (Michele Marques) writes:

>Instead of sending a MicroSoft Word file to a laser printer, I sent it
>to a postscript file.  I'ld like to be able to print this on the
>postscript printer attached to our Vax, but the postscript file
>generated by MS Word seems to be missing the definition section which
>is present at the top of my other postscript files.
>
>Does anyone have the definition section for an MS Word postscript file?
>(Or know of a program/procedure by which I can get a postscript file
>which will print on a non-pc postscript printer)
>
>Thanks.
>
>Michele Marques                      | UUCP: ....!utzoo!yunexus!michele
>Help Desk, User Services             | Internet: michele@nexus.yorku.ca
>Computing & Communications Services  | Bitnet:   michele@yuorion
>York University                      | Voice:    +1-416-736-5800

Look for the file called LW.INI (or something like that). It's an ASCII
file that comes with Microsoft Word which has all the definition. If you
send directly to a laser printer, this file will be sent first. This is
the case for a PC.

For Macintosh Microsoft Word, the definition file is the LaserPrep
file, usually residred in your System Folder. You will have to use
programs like macps to alter the LaserPrep to be able to use it. I
don't think you can blast it right to the laser printer as is.

BTW, if you have your "other postcript files" which you said they
have the definitions, does it occur to you that you can insert that
section from one of those "other postcript files" to your "this
postscript file" using an edtior and print it?

Andy

Andy Sun                            | Internet: sun@me.utoronto.ca
University of Toronto, Canada       | UUCP    : ...!utai!me!sun
Dept. of Mechanical Engineering     | BITNET  : sun@me.utoronto.BITNET