[comp.lang.postscript] Error Handler to Print Errors on Page?

garyb@abekrd.UUCP (Gary Bartlett) (10/18/90)

Can anyone show me how to write a 'handleerror' procedure in PostScript that
will print the normal (or extended) error information actually on the page
to be printed rather than on the output device.  I know very little about
PostScript and have tried to put a procedure together using a PostScript
reference book, bur it manages to keep the information I need just out of
reach.

Thank you very much for all replies.

Gary Bartlett

PS - If anyone can recommend a GOOD book on PostScript, I'd be very grateful.
Gary C. Bartlett               NET: garyb@abekrd.co.uk
Abekas Video Systems Ltd.     UUCP: ...!uunet!mcsun!ukc!pyrltd!abekrd!garyb
12 Portman Rd,   Reading,    PHONE: +44 734 585421
Berkshire.       RG3 1EA.      FAX: +44 734 567904
United Kingdom.              TELEX: 847579

heinau@methan.chemie.fu-berlin.de (Vera Heinau) (10/19/90)

garyb@abekrd.UUCP (Gary Bartlett) writes:

>Can anyone show me how to write a 'handleerror' procedure in PostScript that
>will print the normal (or extended) error information actually on the page
>to be printed rather than on the output device.  I know very little about
>PostScript and have tried to put a procedure together using a PostScript
>reference book, bur it manages to keep the information I need just out of
>reach.

We too need an error handler, but we've no time to develop such a tool :-(
Can anyone post an error handler?

Thanks, Vera

--
 |~|    Vera Heinau                         | Freie Universitaet Berlin
 / \    heinau@fub.uucp                     | Institut fuer Organische Chemie
/FUB\   heinau@methan.chemie.fu-berlin.de   | Takustrasse 3
`---'   phone +49 30 838-2677; fax ...-5163 | D-1000 Berlin 33  Germany