[comp.lang.postscript] Postscript program #10

auga@genealogy.Eng.Sun.COM (Dan Auga) (10/23/90)

I have keyed in the code from the Blue PostScript book page # 167.  It the program
which draws a cirular text.  However it doesn't print the file.  The handler
gives you a error on the put command in the outsidecircletext routine.  Does anyone
have the fixes for this?

Thanks in Advance

Dan Auga
Sun Microsystems
auga@Sun.COM
(415)336-4841

sun@me.utoronto.ca (Andy Sun Anu-guest) (10/23/90)

In article <144022@sun.Eng.Sun.COM> auga@genealogy.Eng.Sun.COM (Dan Auga) writes:
>I have keyed in the code from the Blue PostScript book page # 167.  It the program
>which draws a cirular text.  However it doesn't print the file.  The handler
>gives you a error on the put command in the outsidecircletext routine.  Does anyone
>have the fixes for this?
>
>Thanks in Advance
>
>Dan Auga
>Sun Microsystems
>auga@Sun.COM
>(415)336-4841

I solved exactly this problem for someone a month ago. The problem is that
the line

	( ) dup 0 charcode ....

         ^
         |----- SPACE

It doesn't look like it has a one since a space in Times Roman font has a small
character width. This holds for insidecircletext too. If you can trace the
error codes, it told you that it was a stackunderflow, so obviously the stuff
inside the brackets cannot be nothing.

If you check your syntax carefully, I am pretty sure that's your problem.

Andy

Andy Sun                            | Internet: sun@me.utoronto.ca
University of Toronto, Canada       | UUCP    : ...!utai!me!sun
Dept. of Mechanical Engineering     | BITNET  : sun@me.utoronto.BITNET

jwz@lucid.com (Jamie Zawinski) (10/23/90)

In article <90Oct22.183748edt.19520@me.utoronto.ca> sun@me.utoronto.ca (Andy Sun Anu-guest) wrote:

>         ( ) dup 0 charcode ....
>          ^
>          |----- SPACE
>
> It doesn't look like it has a one since a space in Times Roman font has a
> small character width. This holds for insidecircletext too.

Gee, wouldn't it be just a WONDERFUL idea if people would stop printing books
with source code listings in variable width fonts?  What a concept!

		-- Jamie