[net.micro] "NEW" assembler language statements

msf@rayssd.UUCP (Michael S. Frank) (07/08/86)

About a year ago, I asked for, and received, a list of the humorous assembler
commands that always show up here and there.  I compiled a master list from
all sources, and mailed out copies to all who showed an interest.  Anyone
who would like a copy of the list E-MAILed to them, just drop me a line.
Warning: It is over 1100 lines long!

Here is a sample to tempt your taste buds:

1401	1401 Incompatibility
AAC	Alter All Commands
BA	Branch Anywhere
CAC	Cash And Carry
DA	Develop Amnesia
EA	Enable Anything
FAY	Fetch Amulet of Yendor
GBB	Go to Back of Bus
HCF	Halt and Catch Fire
IAE	Ignore All Exceptions
JAA	Jump Almost Always
KCE	Kill Consultant on Error
LAC	Lose All Communication
MAB	Melt Address Bus
NBC	Negate by Clearing
OCF	Open Circular File
PA	Punch In ASCII
QED	Quit and Eat Dinner
RA    	Randomize Answer
SA	Store Anywhere
TAH	Take A Hike
UA	Unload Accumulator
VAX	Violate All eXecutions
WAD	Walk Away in Disgust
ZAP	Zero and Add Packed
--
Michael Frank
allegra!rayssd!msf

<Include generic and specific disclaimers>
<about everything I say, do, and think!  >

ark@alice.UucP (Andrew Koenig) (07/10/86)

> VAX	Violate All eXecutions
> WAD	Walk Away in Disgust
> ZAP	Zero and Add Packed
> --
> Michael Frank
> allegra!rayssd!msf

ZAP is real.  Check any 370 assembler manual.
Should that really count as a joke?

chapman@pavepaws.UUCP (07/10/86)

In article <5771@alice.uUCp> ark@alice.UucP (Andrew Koenig) writes:

>> VAX	Violate All eXecutions
>> WAD	Walk Away in Disgust
>> ZAP	Zero and Add Packed
>ZAP is real.  Check any 370 assembler manual.
>Should that really count as a joke?

ANYTHING related to a 370 should count as a joke...

Brent

--

Brent Chapman
chapman@pavepaws.berkeley.edu

TANSTAAFL!  (There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch!)

v1464@moncol.UUCP (John Varghese) (07/17/86)

I would appriciate it if you could mail me a copy .
I was looking around for something like this for quite some time

                                             Thanx

                                                   JOHN VARGHESE