[comp.lang.postscript] DRAFT?

rrw@naucse.cse.nau.edu (Robert Wier) (10/30/90)

 Please forgive if this has been asked 1,240 times before.
 I'm just starting to learn PS.

 I'm trying to use the DRAFT page background print.  From
 WUARCHIVE, I fetched the following code which is supposed
 to be compatible with Macintosh applications, using the
 PS escape font:

 % Prints a gray "DRAFT" in the center of the page
 % (c) 1989 Peter Jorgensen
 % non-commercial distribution rights granted to bearer
 % lines beginning with percent sign are comments, and can be left out.
 gsave
 .95 setgray
 220 400 moveto
 /Helvetica-Bold findfont 72 scalefont setfont
 45 rotate
 (DRAFT) show
 grestore

 Now, this seems to work reasonably well, except in MacWrite I
 (I know, I know... but it works fine for the limited amount of
 text processing I do) it prints mirror image upside down (ie,
 it is upside down and reversed).  I also fetched a section of
 PS code which is supposed to do a similar thing in MSWORD, but
 when taken into MacWrite it also prints mirror image.

 If any of you PS wizards out there can make a suggestion, I'd
 be grateful.  Or, if there is a good place to ftp from, I'd
 like to know that too...

 Please either E-Mail me or post here.

 THANKS

 - Bob Wier

 -------------- insert favorite standard disclaimers here ----------
                      College of Engineering
         Northern Arizona University / Flagstaff, Arizona
  Internet: rrw@naucse.cse.nau.edu | BITNET: WIER@NAUVAX | WB5KXH
           or   uucp:  ...arizona!naucse!rrw

nab1@rosemary.cs.reading.ac.uk (The Phoenix) (10/30/90)

rrw@naucse.cse.nau.edu (Robert Wier) writes:

> I'm trying to use the DRAFT page background print.  From
> WUARCHIVE, I fetched the following code which is supposed
> to be compatible with Macintosh applications, using the
> PS escape font:

> % Prints a gray "DRAFT" in the center of the page
> % (c) 1989 Peter Jorgensen
> % non-commercial distribution rights granted to bearer
> % lines beginning with percent sign are comments, and can be left out.
> gsave
> .95 setgray
> 220 400 moveto
> /Helvetica-Bold findfont 72 scalefont setfont
> 45 rotate
> (DRAFT) show
> grestore

>  ... it prints mirror image upside down (ie,
> it is upside down and reversed)....

> - Bob Wier

Well, try bunging an "initmatrix" call in after the gsave.
Ie.	gsave
	initmatrix
	220 400 moveto    .. etc.
Alternatively (DRASTIC!), try "initgraphics" ...
 - Phoenix

=============================  F.N.X  ====== Space - The Final Frontier ==
The Phoenix   |These are the voyages of the starship ENTERPRISE, its continuing
nab1@csug.cs. |mission: to explore strange, new worlds, to seek out new life &
 reading.ac.uk|new civilisations; to baldly go where noone has gone before ...