[net.music] How to deal with the Bush League

blickstein@babel.DEC (Dave Blickstein) (08/24/85)

>Maybe if everyone who is sick of hearing what Kate Bush is wearing/saying
>today would reply to this and fill up the net, maybe ol' Doug's finger
>will break trying to avoid all our articles, or he'll be incapacitated
>from exhaustion trying to respond to all our articles...:-)

One emphatic AMEN!  In my opinion Doug's domination of net.music with Kate
Bush drivel constitutes abuse.

	Dave Blickstein

(UUCP)  {allegra|decvax|ihnp4|ucbvax}!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-orphan!blickstein

(ARPA)  BLICKSTEIN%ORPHAN.DEC@DECWRL.ARPA

jer@peora.UUCP (J. Eric Roskos) (08/26/85)

> One emphatic AMEN!  In my opinion Doug's domination of net.music with Kate
> Bush drivel constitutes abuse.

You will be glad to know that we "bush leaguers" now have our own mailing
list, which has a surprising number of dedicated members, and generates
kilobytes of news daily.

So, since you won't talk about 70's Progressive Rock, I think I will
unsubscribe from here... never did understand that music you all talk about,
anyhow...

PS - no flames, this is just a reciprocal hostility; if you can't tolerate
a variety of discussion, well, I don't see that you can complain.

Bye, now...
--
Shyy-Anzr:  J. Eric Roskos
UUCP:       ..!{decvax,ucbvax,ihnp4}!vax135!petsd!peora!jer

	"Vs V rire prnfr gb or n arg.fvatyr, V jvyy fvzcyl qvfnccrne.
	 V guvax guvf vf gur orfg fbyhgvba."

blickstein@orphan.DEC (Dave Blickstein) (08/30/85)

quoting me:

writes:

>PS - no flames, this is just a reciprocal hostility; if you can't tolerate
>a variety of discussion, well, I don't see that you can complain.

This is not a flame and I don't feel any hostility.

But you seem to have completely missed the point.  Variety is EXACTLY what
we desire.   In my opinion, saturating net.music with Kate Bush articles
does not constitute variety.

	Dave Blickstein

"I don't have a 'n' key (on VAX/VMS) but I'm workin on it."

rlr@pyuxd.UUCP (Rich Rosen) (09/03/85)

> But you seem to have completely missed the point.  Variety is EXACTLY what
> we desire.   In my opinion, saturating net.music with Kate Bush articles
> does not constitute variety.
>
> 	Dave Blickstein

If you want variety, then post articles on other topics!!!! Don't order other
peopl to/not to post articles of predefined quantities on predefined subjects.
If you want to see other things, they don't appear magically, they appear
because YOU post them.
--
"Wait a minute.  '*WE*' decided???   *MY* best interests????"
					Rich Rosen    ihnp4!pyuxd!rlr