[comp.lang.postscript] Converting Postscript fonts to TeX pk files?

gram@uctcs.uucp (Graham Wheeler) (11/15/90)

Hi there.

Forgive me if this is a dumb schmuck question - I know very little about
postscript. What I would like to know is is there any software which can
convert Postscript fonts into TeX pk and tfm files, or (even better),
MetaFONT descriptions? There seem to be some interesting Posctscript fonts
around, and I'd like to use them in TeX.

Graham Wheeler		      |	"Don't bother me,
Data Network Architectures Lab|		I'm reading a `Crisis'!"
Dept. of Computer Science     | Internet: <gram.uctcs@f4.n494.z5.fidonet.org>
University of Cape Town       |     BANG: <...uunet!ddsw1!olsa99!uctcs!gram>

clewis@ecicrl.UUCP (Chris Lewis) (11/23/90)

In article <891@ucthpx.UUCP> gram@uctcs.uucp (Graham Wheeler) writes:
>Forgive me if this is a dumb schmuck question - I know very little about
>postscript. What I would like to know is is there any software which can
>convert Postscript fonts into TeX pk and tfm files, or (even better),
>MetaFONT descriptions? There seem to be some interesting Posctscript fonts
>around, and I'd like to use them in TeX.

Are you talking about built-in fonts or downloadable ones?  Either way,
you don't usually convert Postscript fonts to PK's, you simply use them
as is (though you may have to figger out how to build TFM's).  As far
as MetaFONT, you're out of luck.

Psroff 2.0 has code to convert PK's into SFP's and Postscript, but
not vice-versa.
--
Chris Lewis, Phone: (613) 832-0541
UUCP: uunet!utai!lsuc!ecicrl!clewis