[comp.lang.postscript] HPGL to Postscript converter.

federico@actisb.UUCP (Federico Heinz) (12/16/88)

  I finally came around to post my HPGL to PostScript converter to
comp.sources.misc, in the hope that the moderation overhead there won't
be as bad as in comp.sources.unix. I hope you should receive it soon.

cpchang@sunybcs.uucp (Cheng-Ping Chang) (12/19/88)

In article <284@actisb.UUCP> federico@actisb.UUCP (Federico Heinz) writes:

>  I finally came around to post my HPGL to PostScript converter to
>comp.sources.misc, in the hope that the moderation overhead there won't
>be as bad as in comp.sources.unix. I hope you should receive it soon.

Greetings, netlanders !  I have some small questions
and wish someone can give a straight answer.

1) Does HP LaserJet Series II understand HPGL (Hewlett-Packard
   Graphics Language) ?
2) Does HP LaserJet Series II understand PostScript ?

3) I have this small line drawing program that generates both
   HPGL and PostScript format files.  Can I have these files
   send directly to the LaserJet ?  or do I need extra command
   headers ?

I wrote this program.  What it does is simply drawing lines from
an one (or two) variable function (y=f(x) or z=f(x,y)).  In order
to have it printed on the LaserJet, I made the program write to a
3000 by 2550 by 1 bit buffer, then dump the whole buffer to Laser-
Jet.  It comes out very nicely in 300 dpi resolution but takes 20
minutes.  I wish there's a faster way to do so.

Any reply or suggestion is appreciated.

Merry Christmas to all of you !!

cpchang@sunybcs.bitnet

gombo@tharr.UUCP (Alun Jones) (11/30/90)

Well, the subject and summary says it all - where can I find a converter
to take Hewlett Packard Graphics Language files (for plotters), and convert
them to Postscript plotters.

Note that I would prefer PD/Shareware (wouldn't we all?), and that it
probably won't be so good to have something like pbm which will just generate
a bitmap - it would be nice to treat lines as lines, same for fills etc.

Thanks.

--
Alun Jones - Unix Development Engineer - Welcom Software Technology Int'l.
My views are nothing whatsoever to do with the company I work for.

<-- tharr *free* public access to Usenet in the UK 0234 261804 -->