[comp.lang.postscript] lpr postscript filter/emacs8 and ps filter

massa@uni-paderborn.de (Michael Janich) (12/03/90)

rauletta@gmuvax2.gmu.edu (R. J. Auletta) writes:

>  I'm looking for a better lineprinter filter for controlling a
>postscript printer from an Unix(Ultrix) machine. In particular I am
>looking for a filter that will detect when the printer is off
>and hold the print job until the printer is turned back on
>(but still use Cntl-S/Cntl-Q handshaking) and report all those
>messages back to the printer status line in lpq..

And we run emacs8 (8 bit emacs) but our filter could not cope with
that files: ...it's a garbage file...

Can anybody help us?

--

   Michael Janich, Uni Paderborn, United Germany
--

   Michael Janich, Uni Paderborn, United Germany