[comp.lang.postscript] ATM

jpjst@unix.cis.pitt.edu (James P. Joyce) (11/05/90)

Does anyone know of any programs that will download fonts from a printer
and convert it to a format (type 1) that ATM for the Mac can use?

It would prefer PD programs.

					Thanks

rokicki@Neon.Stanford.EDU (Tomas G. Rokicki) (12/04/90)

Is it legal to purchase a copy of ATM for the Mac, and use the fonts on
another machine (for instance, the Amiga?)  In other words, can one
purchase ATM just to get the fonts?   -tom

jack@Taffy.rice.edu (Jack W. Howarth) (12/04/90)

In article <1990Dec3.190921.25120@Neon.Stanford.EDU> rokicki@Neon.Stanford.EDU (Tomas G. Rokicki) writes:
>Is it legal to purchase a copy of ATM for the Mac, and use the fonts on
>another machine (for instance, the Amiga?)  In other words, can one
>purchase ATM just to get the fonts?   -tom

As long as you are only using the fonts from ATM on one machine, I bet Adobe
would be hard pressed to do anything to you.
                                     Jack