[comp.lang.postscript] GIF ----------------> Postscript?????

woolard@uns-helios.nevada.edu (MIKE WOOLARD) (12/04/90)

I am looking for a .com or .exe that will convert *.gif files to
postscript.  I hope some one has something that will do this!  If so,
please notify me by e-mail

   Mike Woolard
   woolard@uns-helios.nevada.edu
    _____   _____   ____   _____   _____           _____
   |_____} |     | |____| |____   |       |_____| |___

tang@iastate.edu (Tang De-Ming) (12/05/90)

In article <2409@unsvax.NEVADA.EDU> woolard@uns-helios.nevada.edu (MIKE WOOLARD) writes:
>I am looking for a .com or .exe that will convert *.gif files to
>postscript.  I hope some one has something that will do this!  If so,
>please notify me by e-mail

I got a c-source file a while ago for gif-to-ps.  It compiles well on
silican graphics machines but gives error on msdos machines.  It
certainly need some work.  It, however, is placed as publich domain.
If someone which to experiment with it and modify to fix the compiling
problem on msdos machine, I would be glad to post to this newsgroup.

Deming Tang
Iowa State University

vgopal@cbnewsc.att.com (venu.p.gopal) (12/06/90)

In article <2409@unsvax.NEVADA.EDU>, woolard@uns-helios.nevada.edu (MIKE WOOLARD) writes:
> I am looking for a .com or .exe that will convert *.gif files to
> postscript.  I hope some one has something that will do this!  If so,
> please notify me by e-mail
>    Mike Woolard

I also couldn't get gif to ps to work.  What I do is to display the
GIF on screen, and capture it to postscript file using a screen - to
-postscript capture program on the PC.  Usually use VUIMAGE to display
it ans SCRtoPS to capture it into Postscript.  One disadvantage is that
only what is on screen can be grabbed this way - but VUIMAGE does allow
the picture to be scaled to the screen size automatically.  VUIMAGE
is shareware. Both programs are published by Ofe Enterprises, 708-357-
6679.

Venu P. Gopal   UUCP: ..!att!cbnewsc!vgopal   Internet: vgopal@cbnewsc.att.com