[comp.lang.postscript] How do I reset everything in Postscript?

dhinds@portia.Stanford.EDU (David Hinds) (12/08/90)

If I want to print a Postscript file from a Mac, when the Postscript has
been generated by another machine, the Apple dictionary prolog sometimes
screws things up.  Is there a way for the beginning of my code to kill
whatever prolog is sent to the printer ahead of it?  (Alternatively, if
anyone knows how to send raw Postscript from a Mac without getting their
dictionary, that would be just as good).

 -David Hinds
  dhinds@cb-iris.stanford.edu

Bruce.Hoult@bbs.actrix.gen.nz (12/08/90)

In article <1990Dec7.172212.26520@portia.Stanford.EDU> dhinds@portia.Stanford.EDU (David Hinds) writes:
> If I want to print a Postscript file from a Mac, when the Postscript has
> been generated by another machine, the Apple dictionary prolog sometimes
> screws things up.  Is there a way for the beginning of my code to kill
> whatever prolog is sent to the printer ahead of it?  (Alternatively, if
> anyone knows how to send raw Postscript from a Mac without getting their
> dictionary, that would be just as good).

Try:

   grestoreall initgraphics
--
Bruce.Hoult@bbs.actrix.gen.nz   Twisted pair: +64 4 772 116
BIX: brucehoult                 Last Resort:  PO Box 4145 Wellington, NZ