[comp.lang.postscript] Linotronic "statusdict"

rustyh@wam.umd.edu (Rusty Haddock) (12/19/90)

I have a problem with a Linotronic machine the someone may be able to
help me with. (Its an L200 I think. Does that make sense?)

I am trying to send some postscript to the device which uses the entire
width of the film but when my drawing comes back it is cropped at
8.5 x 11 inches!  I suspect that the guy who runs this sends a header
file to the machine before my file is sent!
Does anyone know the "statusdict" variables that need to be reset to
be able to get the full 12 inches width and corresponding height!
What commands might restore the device to a known default state, and
what is that default state?, (landscape or portrate / and cliparea)?

--
Michael Katzmann                        Please email to this address |
Broadcast Sports Technology                                          |

mad@media01.UUCP (Martin Admiraal) (12/19/90)

In article <1990Dec18.192857.4050@wam.umd.edu> rustyh@wam.umd.edu (Rusty Haddock) writes:

>I have a problem with a Linotronic machine the someone may be able to
>help me with. (Its an L200 I think. Does that make sense?)

>I am trying to send some postscript to the device which uses the entire
>width of the film but when my drawing comes back it is cropped at
>8.5 x 11 inches!  I suspect that the guy who runs this sends a header
>file to the machine before my file is sent!
>Does anyone know the "statusdict" variables that need to be reset to
>be able to get the full 12 inches width and corresponding height!
>What commands might restore the device to a known default state, and
>what is that default state?, (landscape or portrate / and cliparea)?

The default state is defined throug the defaultpageparams. These can be
read in the statusdict and gives you the width, height, margin and orientation.
To change these values for your own purposes you can use the statusdict-
command setpageparams. The syntax is:
 width height margin orientation   setpageparams.

These changes are documentated in the "Supplement for the Liontronic
imagesetter version 49.3" from Adobe Systems inc.
My experiance with the Linotronic RIP3 and L500 is that it works good. The
same goes for the Autologic PIP 2.

Newsgroups: comp.lang.postscript
Subject: Re: Linotronic "statusdict"

--