[comp.lang.postscript] Postscript from WINDOWS WRITE, or PAINT or ..

b_egan@levers.enet.dec.com (Bob Egan) (12/18/90)

If I specify a "postscript" type printer in Paint or Write or
say wordperfect, will the output be "postscript"..

what is the default image from some of the common drawing packages..

If I can get GIF ..I have a converter to make it a postscript image.

thanks /bob

Bob Egan	b_egan@levers.enet.dec.com
		--or-- ...!decwrl!levers.enet.dec.com!b_egan
		--or-- b_egan%levers.dec@decwrl.dec.com

vgopal@cbnewsc.att.com (venu.p.gopal) (12/21/90)

In article <2158@shodha.enet.dec.com>, b_egan@levers.enet.dec.com (Bob Egan) writes:

> If I specify a "postscript" type printer in Paint or Write or
> say wordperfect, will the output be "postscript"..

Certianly true for WodrPerfect, and I would expect, for the others too.
Certain applications might expect the printer to be permanently dedicated
to a single user - for some of these you might need to "prepend" the prolog
file.

> what is the default image from some of the common drawing packages..

PCX, RIX, PIC, IMG, TIFF and others for the PC world

> If I can get GIF ..I have a converter to make it a postscript image.

Don't know any that saves in GIF.. but you can convert many of the formats
to GIF.  There is also  a GIF to postscript converter for the PC someone
posted a while ago.  You can also capture the screen directly into postscript
(on a PC) using Screen-to-Postscript.