[comp.lang.postscript] Landscape Image File

generic@deere.com (generic guest account) (12/21/90)

I have a PostScript file of a color image that I would like to have
printed in landscape format instead of portrait format.  It currently
prints in portrait format without problems.  To change to landscape, I
inserted the following at the top of the file after Initgraphics:

90 rotate
0 -8.5 inch translate

Unfortunately, after making this change, nothing comes out of the printer.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Please reply to me at: jrh@techctr.deere.com
or follow up with another post.

Thanks.

John

The version that works looks like:

initgraphics

/rstr 585 string def
/gstr 585 string def
/bstr 585 string def

45.000000 567.000000 translate
702.000000 -522.000000 scale
1.000000 1.000000 scale
585 435 8
[585 0 0 -435 0 435]
{currentfile rstr readhexstring pop}    %read red data from file

{currentfile gstr readhexstring pop}    %read green data from file

{currentfile bstr readhexstring pop}    %blue red data from file

true 3
colorimage

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

etc, etc, etc

mzellers@starnet.uucp (Mark Zellers) (12/22/90)

In article <543@deere.com> generic@deere.com (generic guest account) writes:
>To change to landscape, I
>inserted the following at the top of the file after Initgraphics:
>
>90 rotate
>0 -8.5 inch translate

The most likely reason for your problem is that "inch" is not a valid
PostScript operator.  Either define inch as:
	/inch {72 mul} bind def

before using it or, just use:

90 rotate
0 -8.5 72 mul inch translate

Mark H. Zellers
decwrl.dec.com!voltaire!bwayne!mark

glenn@heaven.woodside.ca.us (Glenn Reid) (12/24/90)

In article <543@deere.com> generic@deere.com (generic guest account) writes:
|					To change to landscape, I
|inserted the following at the top of the file after Initgraphics:
|
|90 rotate
|0 -8.5 inch translate
|
|Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

There is no such thing as "inch".