     Title:  PostScript Language Reference Manual, Second Edition
     Author:  Adobe Systems Incorporated
     Publisher:  Addison-Wesley
     ISBN Number:  0-201-18127-4
     List price:  $US 28.95, $CANADA 37.95

If your local bookstore doesn't carry the Adobe books, they can also be
ordered directly from Adobe Systems by calling 800-83-FONTS.

Those of you who attended the Adobe Developers' Conference will receive a free
copy just as soon as we can get them in the mail. Don't expect delivery before
Christmas, given the massive numbers of parcels shipped during the Christmas
rush.

PS - Addison-Wesley also now publishes Adobe's Type 1 book. This is an updated
version (it has a small white triangle in the upper-right hand corner that
says "New Updated Information") that documents a new ExpansionFactor hint and
a new Flex procedure. Here is what to ask for:

     Title:  Adobe Type 1 Font Format, Version 1.1
     Author:  Adobe Systems Incorporated
     Publisher:  Addison-Wesley
     ISBN Number:  0-201-57044-0
     List price:  $US 14.95, $CANADA 18.95

Happy Holidays!
Adobe Systems Incorporated

jgreely@giza.cis.ohio-state.edu (J Greely) (12/27/90)

In article <9314@adobe.UUCP> orthlieb@adobe.COM (Carl Orthlieb) writes:
>The books should arrive by the end of this week -- hopefully just in
>time to buy as a last-minute stocking stuffer to brighten up a
>PostScript language programmer's Christmas.

...and brighten it they did!  Makes me think there are advantages in
keeping relatives in the dark about what you want.

  The new red book (more precisely, the orange-and-white book) is
imposing in size, but the organization makes it easy to get around in
(many thanks to the appropriate parties).  I'm eagerly looking forward
to implementations of the Level 2 features (we needed new printers
anyway... :-)).
--
J Greely (jgreely@cis.ohio-state.edu; osu-cis!jgreely)