[comp.lang.postscript] fragment from dvips prologue

rokicki@Neon.Stanford.EDU (Tomas G. Rokicki) (01/10/91)

> Does anyone recognize this piece of PostScript found in a prologue
> sent out by dvips?  I have checked all versions of dvips and dvi2ps
> %!PS (but not EPSF through switch or no memory)
> %%Creator: dvips by Radical Eye Software

It's from an old version of dvips.

> The function is making assumptions about the character coordinate
> system (namely that it is 1000-unit based).  If you use this on
> a font that has an identity FontMatrix, wild things happen...

Yeah, that functionality is handled in a completely new way with the
new dvips anyway.

-tom

woody@chinacat.Unicom.COM (Woody Baker @ Eagle Signal) (01/10/91)

In article <5424@exodus.Eng.Sun.COM>, flar@bendenweyr.Eng.Sun.COM (Jim Graham) writes:
> Does anyone recognize this piece of PostScript found in a prologue
>     /SmallCapsFont {
> 	/SmallCapsBaseName exch def

> 	    /FontBaseDict basefontdict 1000 scalefont def
	[stuff deleted]

	This is not realy a function.  It creates a font that consists
	of small caps.  When you are defining a font, it easiest to work
	with a 1000 unit measurement.

> The function is making assumptions about the character coordinate
> system (namely that it is 1000-unit based).  If you use this on

Cheers
Woody