[comp.lang.postscript] Printing PS files on a Mac

nvtx@vax5.cit.cornell.edu (01/15/91)

Does anyone have or know where to get the program for the Mac which
prints postscript files to a Laserwriter?

topix@gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca (R. Munroe) (01/15/91)

In article <1991Jan14.153328.2038@vax5.cit.cornell.edu> nvtx@vax5.cit.cornell.edu writes:
>Does anyone have or know where to get the program for the Mac which
>prints postscript files to a Laserwriter?

Yes.  The program is called SendPS.  It is a public domain application
from Adobe.  I use it often.  If you can't find it on the net
(try sumex-aim.stanford.edu), e-mail me and I'll e-mail you back a copy
(that is if no one tells me that I'm not supposed to do that - I *think*
SendPS is public domain !?!).

Bob Munroe
topix@utcs.utoronto.ca

zoetrop@ucscb.UCSC.EDU (Devan zoetrope MacFarlane) (01/15/91)

In article <1991Jan15.042030.27431@gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca> topix@gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca (R. Munroe) writes:
>In article <1991Jan14.153328.2038@vax5.cit.cornell.edu> nvtx@vax5.cit.cornell.edu writes:
>>Does anyone have or know where to get the program for the Mac which
>>prints postscript files to a Laserwriter?
>
>Yes.  The program is called SendPS.  It is a public domain application
>from Adobe.  I use it often.  If you can't find it on the net
>(try sumex-aim.stanford.edu), e-mail me and I'll e-mail you back a copy
>(that is if no one tells me that I'm not supposed to do that - I *think*
>SendPS is public domain !?!).
>
>Bob Munroe
>topix@utcs.utoronto.ca

Here's a list of ftp sites that have SendPS2.0 in their archives:

Host ditmela.mel.dit.csiro.au (128.250.90.81)
Host e.ms.uky.edu (128.163.128.5)
Host f.ms.uky.edu (128.163.128.6)
Host ifi.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de (129.69.211.1)
Host ix1.cc.utexas.edu (128.83.1.21)
Host ix2.cc.utexas.edu (128.83.1.29)
Host pollux.lu.se (130.235.132.89)
Host ra.msstate.edu (130.18.80.10)
Host sics.se (192.16.123.90)
Host sumex-aim.stanford.edu (36.44.0.6)
Host utsun.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp (133.11.11.11)

And there's another two or three that I accidentally chopped off this list.
However, each of these sites has SendPS and youshould be able to get through
anonymous ftp ...

	| suicide    is    painless | zoetrop@ucscb.UCSC.EDU |
	| it brings on many changes | 6 7 0 3   e .  zayante |
	| and   i   can   take   or | felton,  ca  9 5 0 1 8 |
	| leave   it  if  i   please| ( 408 )   335  -  2401 |
	| -- suicide is painless -- | ( 408 )   335  -  5753 |