[net.micro] CED

hsgj@batcomputer.TN.CORNELL.EDU (Dan Green) (07/24/86)

In article <1718@eagle.ukc.ac.uk> rde@ukc.ac.uk (R.D.Eager) writes:

>I  know  this  isn't  a  real  answer,  but try to get hold of a copy of
>CED. It seems to contain all the DOSEDIT functionality, and a  lot  more
>besides. The basic control keys are the same. The documentation is good.
>
>TANSTAAFL  -  it  *is* bigger, but *much* better. I wouldn't use DOSEDIT
>now....
>--
>           Bob Eager
>
>           rde@ukc.UUCP
>           rde@ukc
>           ...!mcvax!ukc!rde

I have CED and it has a great command line editer, as well as a nifty
history mechansim.  I accidentally hit CONTRL-T and it printed out some
diagnostics about "alias" space or "synoynm" spcae.  I gather that this
means one can make synonyms for it.  How?  If anyone has the docs could
they mail them to me?  I have ARC 4.1 if that helps any.  As you can tell
I did not get CED first hand, but found it on a hard disk in a lab.  I
assume it is public domain; if not let me know...
   ***BUG REPORT***  In the version of CED I have, never, ever, ever,
press the CONTROL-N key.  On my system (Sperry-IT) this completely
locks up the entire computer.  TANSTAAFL :-(  ..aint no free lunch...
--- Dan Green
--
ARPA:  hsgj%vax2.ccs.cornell.edu@cu-arpa.cs.cornell.edu
UUCP:  ihnp4!cornell!batcomputer!hsgj   BITNET:  hsgj@cornella