[comp.lang.postscript] Save Paper?

trgauchat@tiger.uwaterloo.ca (Terry Gauchat) (01/17/91)

Has anyone written (or is there available) a generic Postscript
filter which will convert a file into 2up wide printing
(i.e., print two pages on one, via reduction and 90 degree rotate)?

Ideally, a 4 up (portrait) would also be possible (maybe even just
by a recursive call!).

I manage printing 2up or 4up using WordPerfect, but it is not
fully automatic and leaves no hope for non-ascii or Wordperf files.

Heck, page sorting routines allowing two pass duplexing would also
be handy!

...Terry.

roy@phri.nyu.edu (Roy Smith) (01/18/91)

A FA to a FAQ:

trgauchat@tiger.uwaterloo.ca (Terry Gauchat) writes:
> Has anyone written (or is there available) a generic Postscript
> filter which will convert a file into 2up wide printing

	Get pub/misc/psnup.tar.Z from goober.phri.nyu.edu (128.122.136.10)
via anonymous ftp.  I apologize in advance, but we are unable to provide any
other means of access (i.e. emailing shar files, etc).

	I've also heard of something called SaveATree which does similar
things on a Macintosh, but I don't know where to get it.
455 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016
roy@alanine.phri.nyu.edu -OR- {att,cmcl2,rutgers,hombre}!phri!roy
"Arcane?  Did you say arcane?  It wouldn't be Unix if it wasn't arcane!"

rossc@extro.ucc.su.oz.au (Ross Cartlidge) (01/18/91)

trgauchat@tiger.uwaterloo.ca (Terry Gauchat) writes:

>Has anyone written (or is there available) a generic Postscript
>filter which will convert a file into 2up wide printing
>(i.e., print two pages on one, via reduction and 90 degree rotate)?

>Ideally, a 4 up (portrait) would also be possible (maybe even just
>by a recursive call!).

Try my multi package it does N-Up for any N and also works recursively.

FTPable from archive.su.oz.au (129.78.64.2) in archive/ps_printing/multi/*

Ross Rodney Cartlidge			    |   rossc@extro.ucc.su.oz.au
University Computing Service, H08	    |   Phone:     +61 2 6923497
University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia   |   FAX:       +61 2 6606557