[comp.lang.postscript] GhostScript on MSDOS machine.

arsen@erg.sri.com (Tom Arseneault) (01/18/91)

	About a month ago I saw a request for help in compiling GhostScript
on an MSDOS machine, however i never saw a reply. I am sorry if this has been
covered in depth before but could one of you kind soles who have got it to
compile please tell me how???. My system is a 386SX with a 1:1 interleave RLL
harddisk controler, a Orchid ProDesigner II (with 1Mb), a Nec3D, 4Mb memory,
DOS 4.01 and Desqview, a Western Digital WD3008E ethernet card with PCNFS,
also I am useing TurboC++.

Thomas J. Arseneault
arsen@erg.sri.com

royster@unccvax.uncc.edu (David Royster) (01/19/91)

Ghostscript 2.1 is available for anonymous ftp at prep.ai.mit.edu in
pub\gnu.  The msdos executable and the fonts are both necessary.
It is a very nice upgrade of version 2.0. Kudos to the authoring team.

dcroyster

--
David C. Royster               royster@unccvax.uncc.edu (128.109.143.1)
Mathematics Department         fma00dcr@unccvm.bitnet

gershon%gr.utah.edu@cs.utah.edu (Elber Gershon) (01/19/91)

In article <1991Jan17.215424.5948@erg.sri.com> arsen@erg.sri.com (Tom Arseneault) writes:

>	About a month ago I saw a request for help in compiling GhostScript
>on an MSDOS machine, however i never saw a reply. I am sorry if this has been
>covered in depth before but could one of you kind soles who have got it to
>compile please tell me how???. My system is a 386SX with a 1:1 interleave RLL
>harddisk controler, a Orchid ProDesigner II (with 1Mb), a Nec3D, 4Mb memory,
>DOS 4.01 and Desqview, a Western Digital WD3008E ethernet card with PCNFS,
>also I am useing TurboC++.

I have build GS 2.1 on my IBM PC (286, ATI SVGA and Nec3D) using TurboC++
with no major problems. The only problems I recall was the inconsisent
declaration of the stklen variable and some minor TC make definitions.
The good news is that some of the bugs I noticed in GS 2.0 when compiled
with TurboC++ are gone (arcs are drawn correctly and so is escher.ps).
Please be more specific and describe the problems you encountered.

Gershon